Australian PR visa is a document issued by the Department of Home Affairs, Australia. Once your Australia PR visa is granted, you can stay in Australia for a fixed period. In addition, the Australia PR visa can let you certain benefits like studying, working, or living in Australia.
Permanent Residency in Australia brings exceptional job opportunities to attract many immigrants from all over the world. Australia Permanent Residency Visa 2022 is a spectacular opportunity to consider PR in Australia. The Australian government and the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), the official immigration authority of Australia, offer various categories to apply for the Australia Permanent Residency Visa.
Australia PR benefits:
- Work, live, and study in Australia.
- Sponsor your loved ones.
- Avail of social security benefits, allowances, pensions, etc.
- Avail of national healthcare facilities in Australia.
- Apply for loans (without security) to buy property in Australia.
- Apply for Australian citizenship.
- You can also work & live in New Zealand, per the agreement between Australia and New Zealand.
- Travel to & from Australia multiple times as long as the Australia PR is valid.
- Access subsidized education for yourself, your spouse & child.
Why should you immigrate to Australia?
There are many sound and sustainable reasons to settle in Australia. Some of them are listed below:
- Australia is immigrant-friendly and has solid pro-immigrant policies.
- Australia is a developed economy.
- Australia is home to multi-millionaires.
- Australia is full of opportunities; therefore, it is a great place to shape your career.
If you are also planning to settle in Australia, join the Australia Aptech visa expert team, well versed with all the feasible options to apply for the Australia PR visa. Our chief aim is to make the Australian immigration process pleasant for our clients.
Australia PR Points Calculator
Australian PR visa is a point’s based system. You must secure a minimum of 65/130 points to apply for the Australia visa. If applicants cannot score the desired points, they will be considered ineligible for the Australian PR process.
The Australian PR point calculator can calculate Australian PR points to determine how many Australian PR points you score.
The Australia PR points calculator is a valuable tool for precisely calculating your Australia PR points. Click here to learn more about the Australia PR point’s calculator.
Australia PR Process / Australia PR Process: A step-by-step guide
The steps provided below will tell you how to apply for Australia PR in a step-by-step manner:
- Step 1 Check Australia Skills Occupation List:
Once you are sure you meet all the criteria to apply for an Australia PR visa, you must undergo Australia Skill Assessment.
In the Skill Assessment process, your profile will be thoroughly viewed by the concerned skill-assessing authority related to your occupation. You get working experience evaluated here based on ANZSCO code relevancy, skill level, and skill assessment authority requirements.
- Step 2 Australia PR eligibility requirements:
The applicant should meet the following requirements to apply for an Australia PR visa.
- Should meet the Australia point test and score at least 65/130 points.
- Should be under 45 years of age
- Should possess competent proficiency in the English language
- Should meet the required health requirements
- Should meet the required character requirements
- Should not be any unresolved credits/debts to the Australian government
- Ready to undertake the Australian Values Statement
- Step 3 Skill Assessment:
Once you are sure you meet all the criteria to apply for an Australia PR visa, you must apply for an Australia Skill assessment.
Your profile will be thoroughly viewed by the concerned skill-assessing authority related to your occupation in the skill assessment process. Here, working experience is assessed based on ANZSCO code relevancy, skill level, and skill assessment authority requirements.
A positive skill assessment report is required to advance your Australia PR visa process.
- Step 4 Submission of Expression of Interest:
English language requirements are essential to apply for an Australia PR visa. To prove your English language ability, you can take any one of the following approved English language exams.
The Skill Select will ask you a series of online questions related to your educational and work background, skills & abilities, and other relevant history related to your career. Your EOI will be reviewed by the Department of Home Affairs, Australia, and Australian employers who may find employees with a similar skill set for hiring. If you get an Invitation, you can move on further in filing an Australia PR visa.
- Step 5 Apply for an Australia PR visa:
After receiving an ITA, you must apply for the Australia PR visa with relevant fees and documents to support your Australia PR visa application.
Providing inaccurate information or irrelevant documents not only delays your application but may also lead to the refusal of your Australia PR application.
So, applying for an Australia PR visa with the correct information and all documents in the appropriate format is always advisable.
- Step 6 Australia PR visa outcome:
Once you submit your Australia PR application, the application will be assessed on three parameters given below:
- Does DHA Australia set your Australia PR application to meet the eligibility requirements?
- Have you submitted all the requirements per the Australia PR visa documents checklist and paid the correct fee?
- Verification of your application.
The DHA may take a few months to decide on your Australian PR visa application. So, be patient and wait for the decision on your application.
If your application meets all the parameters of an Australia PR visa, the result/decision will be favorable, and you will be granted an Australia PR visa. Now applicant has to enter Australia within the given date called the ‘Entry date.’
Suppose your Australia PR application does not meet the given standard. In that case, it will be refused, and you will be notified in writing whether you have the right to review your Australian PR visa decision. So, start preparing and fly to Australia to explore your dream country.
Kindly note that the Australian PR application fee is non-refundable.
Australia PR Eligibility / Australia PR Requirements
Every year numerous candidates apply for the Australia PR visa. Still, only a few succeeded, and most applications are rejected due to shortcomings in meeting the Australian PR requirements.
Listed below are some of the crucial Australia PR criteria:
- Australia PR Visa Streams:
Which Australian PR visa option or stream suits you the best requires a thorough understanding of the available streams to enter Australia as an Australian PR holder. The country has different streams to apply for an Australia PR visa.
You can find some of the significant streams below:
- Australia Skilled Worker Stream
- Australia Family sponsor stream
- Australian Business or investment-stream
- Other short-term visa streams include:
Australian students’ visa
Australia tourist/visitor visa
So, check the most suitable stream before the Australia PR visa application.
- The profile is in Demand:
Before applying for an Australia PR visa, kindly check whether your occupation is listed in the Australia Skilled Occupation List. Australia has the following occupation lists:
- The Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List
- The Short-term Skilled Occupation List
- The Regional Occupation List or the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) ROL List; and
- Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List
So, check which Australia’s Skilled Occupation List contains an occupation closely related to the applicant’s job profile.
- Australia PR Points Calculator:
Once you are sure your profile is in Demand in Australia’s labor market, the next important factor is to determine ‘how many points you are scoring as per Australia PR Points Calculator’? The minimum points required to apply for the Australia PR visa is 65 /130 points. The score is calculated based on the following factors:
- Skilled employment;
- English language ability;
- State/ regional nomination;
- Spouse/ partner skills;
- Australia qualification;
- Australian work experience; and
- Study in regional areas etc.
- English Language Requirements:
To apply for an Australia PR visa, one of the essential requirements is the English language requirements. To prove your English language ability, you can take any one of the following approved English language exams.
- CAE; and
Kindly note that English language score requirements vary from case to case, so contact our Australia PR experts to know your stream’s English language score requirements.
- Health Requirements:
After receiving an ITA, you must apply for the Australia PR visa with the relevant fees and documents to support your Australia PR visa application.
- Providing inaccurate information and irrelevant documents not only delays your application but may also lead to the refusal of your Australia PR application.
- So it is always advisable to apply for an Australia PR visa with the correct information and all documents in the appropriate format.
You and your family members need to meet health requirements. You must undergo a health examination with an authorized Medical Officer of the Commonwealth of Australia to prove your health.
Some of the diseases which may cause the rejection of your Australia PR visa application are:
- AIDS/ HIV; and
- Character Requirements:
To apply for an Australia PR visa, you and your family must also satisfy character requirements. You can pass the character test by providing the police certificate. You may also need to complete Form 80 to fill in personal particulars for character assessment.
- Australia Immigration News:
You are checking Australia Skilled Occupation List and calculating your Australia PR points. However, you must also monitor Australian immigration updates because Australian immigration rules are volatile. They keep changing, so it is suggested to keep your application updated per Australian immigration rules.
Australian PR visa cost
Australian PR visa cost depends upon the type of application you want to apply, Australia PR visa cost keeps changing from time to time; it also depends on the time you submit your Australia PR application.
Please find the Australia PR visa cost.
|Number of applicants||Fee in AUD|
|Single applicant||AUD 4045|
|Additional adult||AUD 2020|
|Each additional child||AUD 1015|
|Skill Assessment Fees.||AUD 500 – $ 900|
|IELTS Charge||15000 INR|
|Medical Examination fees||5000 INR approx|
|Police clearance||1000 – 5000 INR|
Australia PR visa processing time
Australia PR processing time indicates the duration of time DHA takes to finalize your Australia PR visa application outcome.
Australia PR visa processing time depends on the following factors.
- Type of Australia PR visa you applied
- Number of applications received
- Whether the application submitted along with all necessary documents
- How soon you respond to the request of ADR
- How long it takes to verify your credentials
Please find the Australia PR visa processing Time.
|Type of Visa||Processing time|
|Australia Skilled independent visa subclass 189||11- 13 months|
|Australian State sponsor visa subclass 190||9- 14 months|
|Australia Regional sponsor visa subclass 491||10 – 11 months|
Skilled Occupation List Australia
A Skilled Occupation List is a list that contains the occupations that are in high demand in Australia to fulfill the shortage in the Australian labor market.
Australia has the following skilled occupation lists:
- Long-term Strategic Skills List:
Australia MLTSSL covers 212 occupations. This list mentions those occupations that are currently in high Demand in Australia. Since Australia is in constant need to fill the labor gap with highly skilled and qualified workers for the betterment of their economy. The immigration department is a watchdog for the appropriately skilled workers the country needs.
- Short-term Skilled Occupation List:
The Short-term Skilled Occupation List is an occupation list containing 215 occupations demanded in the Australian territories. The Department of Employment determines it in sync with the Department of Home Affairs.
Per the current needs and demands, the STOL list for a 190 visa (i.e., a skilled nominated visa) is reviewed and updated every six months.
- Regional Occupation Demand List:
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has introduced a new list for designated Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491), which is in effect from November 16, 2019.
The designated Regional Occupations List (ROL) addresses the needs of Australia’s designated regional areas/territories.
Kindly find the Australia Skilled Occupation list in detail. You are required to enter your designation / ANZSCO code to know which occupation is listed Australia Skilled Occupation List.